    SubjectRe: FAUmachine: Looking for a good documented DMA bus master capable PCI IDE Controller card
    On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 14:26:07 +0100, Thomas Glanzmann
    <sithglan@stud.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:
    > Hello Bartlomiej,
    >
    > > In IDE you have 2 devices per port and usually 2 ports per PCI device.
    > > There are some controller cards with 4 ports but they don't have public
    > > available documentation etc. I really wonder what are you trying to
    > > achieve and why just can't you use more than 1 "virtual" PIIX crontoller.
    >
    > we implemented the PIIX controller as part of an Intel Southbridge
    > 82371AB[1] Chip so I didn't thought that it was also available as
    > seperate PCI Device. Do you have any pointers to products or better
    > sepcification of this products?

    Nope.

    > If this is the case that would be the best solution for our problem.

    Hm, maybe you will have to implement some PCI add-on IDE controller,
    AFAIR Silicon Image 680 datasheet is publicly available now.

    Bartlomiej

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.023 / U:90.104 seconds]