    SubjectRe: FAUmachine: Looking for a good documented DMA bus master capable PCI IDE Controller card
    Hello Bartlomiej,

    > In IDE you have 2 devices per port and usually 2 ports per PCI device.
    > There are some controller cards with 4 ports but they don't have public
    > available documentation etc. I really wonder what are you trying to
    > achieve and why just can't you use more than 1 "virtual" PIIX crontoller.

    we implemented the PIIX controller as part of an Intel Southbridge
    82371AB[1] Chip so I didn't thought that it was also available as
    seperate PCI Device. Do you have any pointers to products or better
    sepcification of this products?

    If this is the case that would be the best solution for our problem.

    [1] Intel(R) 82371AB PCI-TO-ISA/IDE Xcelerator (PIIX4) Datasheet

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.019 / U:69.644 seconds]