    SubjectRe: FAUmachine: Looking for a good documented DMA bus master capable PCI IDE Controller card
    Hi,

    On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 11:24:10 +0100, Thomas Glanzmann
    <sithglan@stud.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:
    > Hello,
    > we just implemented the Intel PIIX DMA Bus Master capable IDE Controller
    > in FAUmachine. This improved the IO access to virtual IDE Devices using
    > DMA as transport mechanism a lot.
    >
    > But with the current simulation it is only possible to access 4 devices
    > via DMA.
    >
    > Because of that I am looking for a good documented PCI IDE Controller
    > Card to provide DMA access to more than 4 devices with public available
    > documentation. Any pointers?

    In IDE you have 2 devices per port and usually 2 ports per PCI device.
    There are some controller cards with 4 ports but they don't have public
    available documentation etc. I really wonder what are you trying to
    achieve and why just can't you use more than 1 "virtual" PIIX crontoller.

    Bartlomiej

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.037 / U:31.300 seconds]