    SubjectRe: Getting the page size of currently running kernel
        Scott> Is there any way to get a running kernel to tell you the
    Scott> size of its pages? Why: I'm writing a quick Perl hack to
    Scott> monitor the memory usage of the TCP stack over time. Easy
    Scott> enough: /proc/net/sockstat gives the current value of
    Scott> tcp_memory_allocated. But how do I convert this into
    Scott> bytes? I don't want to hard code PAGE_SIZE into my Perl
    Scott> script, complete with a lookup table for 4K vs. 8K
    Scott> architectures! Am I missing something obvious here?

    I'm not sure exactly how to call it from perl, but from C one can use
    sysconf(3) like:

    page_size = sysconf(_SC_PAGESIZE);

    (one can also use getpagesize(2) to do exactly the same thing)

    - R.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.026 / U:6.020 seconds]