    SubjectRe: [ACPI] Call for help: list of machines with working S3
    From
    On Fre, 18 Feb 2005, Norbert Preining wrote:
    > I tried:
    > 2.6.11-rc3-mm2 + Xorg + DRI disabled
    > and this works.
    >
    > I cannot enable dri/drm with the cvs version of the drm modules, because
    > the drm modules do not compile for -mm kernels, since there is the patch
    > for multiple agp bridges included (that's the reason why I tried -rc4

    Final observation: After patching in the changes from mm kernels for
    multiple agp bridges to the drm-source code (the patch
    drm-add-support-for-new-multiple-agp-bridge-agpgart-api.patch from the
    broken out archive) I could compile the drm-trunk-src modules.

    So now I am running with 2.6.11-rc3-mm2 + Xorg + DRI enabled (and
    working) with the drm modules from drm-trunk-module-src.

    Outcome: freeze when switching to X. As with the other modules (in fact
    I think that most of the changes to the drm stuff are included in the mm
    kernel, so this should not change anything, as mm pulls from bk-agpgart,
    bk-drm-via) a funny screen, and the CapsLock light is blinking.

    Best wishes

    Norbert

    Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Università di Siena
    sip:preining@at43.tuwien.ac.at +43 (0) 59966-690018