SubjectRe: Customized 2.6.10 kernel on a Compact Flash
govind raj wrote:
> Thanks for all the pointers.
>
> We had taken the /sbin/init from the existing Linux installation from
> where we had created the customized image.

Usually distro binaries are dynamically linked (as they should be) so
you also need to provide the libraries they request.

As a first cut, use bash as your init (so that you have a prompt to test
stuff). Do a "ldd bash" to check the libraries necessary for this to
work and create a "/lib" dir on your target system with those. Then copy
the bash binary to /sbin/init.

I hope this helps,

--
Paulo Marques - www.grupopie.com