    SubjectRe: Customized 2.6.10 kernel on a Compact Flash
    govind raj wrote:
    > Thanks for all the pointers.
    >
    > We had taken the /sbin/init from the existing Linux installation from
    > where we had created the customized image.

    Usually distro binaries are dynamically linked (as they should be) so
    you also need to provide the libraries they request.

    As a first cut, use bash as your init (so that you have a prompt to test
    stuff). Do a "ldd bash" to check the libraries necessary for this to
    work and create a "/lib" dir on your target system with those. Then copy
    the bash binary to /sbin/init.

    I hope this helps,

    --
    Paulo Marques - www.grupopie.com