    SubjectRe: [ACPI] Call for help: list of machines with working S3
    Hi Carl-Daniel, hi all,

    On Die, 15 Feb 2005, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
    > > - DRI must be disabled I guess?! Even with newer X server (
    > I never disabled it.

    Here X freezes (Sysrq-b works) with DRI enabled (debian sid, x4.3.0.1,
    kernel 2.6.11-rc3-mm2, radeon, drm as modules)

    > I used to unload modules, shutdown network interfaces etc. until I
    > tried without all that stuff and it still worked. So I concluded

    YOu are right. I only have to stop the mysql server and everything is
    working. Thanks.

    Only one thing (maybe covered somewhere else): After resuming (without
    having stopped the usb system) my external mouse (USB) stopped working.

    Is there a way to reactive the external mouse?

    > I'll prepare a web page with detailed S3/S4 suspend/resume
    > information for ATI graphics card owners including step-by-step
    > howtos for smooth suspend/resume cycles.

    Great idea! I was really searching for something like this. I will check
    as soon as you have something online wether I have to add something!

    Best wishes

    Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Università di Siena +43 (0) 59966-690018
    Corridor etiquette demands that one a corriedoo (q.v.) has been
    declared, corrievorrie must be employed. Both protagonists must now
    embellish their approach with an embarrassing combination of waving,
    grinning, making idiot faces, doing pirate impressions, and waggling
    the head from side to side while holding the other person's eyes as
    the smile drips off their face, until with great relief, they pass
    each other.
    --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.035 / U:1.068 seconds]