    SubjectRe: [BK] upgrade will be needed
    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 02:46:04 +0000, Tristan Wibberley wrote:

    > On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:54:14 +0100, Juergen Stuber wrote:
    >> g BK, I can immediately start working on another SCM
    >> but I can't go back to BK immediately
    > IMHO, it should be the other way around, and more like two years.

    Hmm, I wasn't really clear here. I think that after using BK, you
    shouldn't be able to work on another SCM until 2 years have past. But you
    can shorten that time by paying bitmover 1/12 of a BK license for each
    month you want to shorten it. That covers the problem of people needing to
    switch, they just have to pay. Then the following applies:

    > Two years would be more
    > appropriate since you need to make sure that coders who've worked on the
    > other SCM before are well and truly out of touch with the code when they
    > go back. With that scheme, if you have a serious business case for
    > writing a new SCM *today* you just have to factor an extra cost into
    > your plans (double BK license), and if you want to work on an open
    > source one, you just have to wait while BitMover gets another two years
    > on their head-start. Now only people with determined plans can switch
    > from using BK to working on an SCM, and BitMover can get new users
    > benefiting from their kindness and lifting their market penetration as
    > easily as possible.

    Tristan Wibberley

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.021 / U:3.516 seconds]