SubjectRe: [BK] upgrade will be needed
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 lm@bitmover.com wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 10:08:20AM -0500, Jeff Sipek wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't even plan working on some SCM system, but being
>>> tainted for 1 year for just *using* BK is not worth the price IMHO.
>>
>> I agree, the price is just too high. No matter how much I like BK, I
>> would give it up.
>
> The way some people are reading the license the price is even higher,
> they think it is a forever tainted license as it stands today. I've had
> specific requests to clarify this part of the license.
>
> So how would you suggest that we resolve it? The protection we need is
> that people don't get to
>
> - use BK
> - stop using BK so they can go work on another system
> - start using BK again
> - stop using BK so they can go work on another system

What??? Why not? BK is a PROGRAM. You can't tell somebody
that once they use some program in one job, they can't
use it again. What kind of "protection" are you claiming?

Would you think that IBM could restrict persons who
learned FORTRAN to never use FORTRAN again should they
change jobs? Or that they need to wait some time-limit?

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.6.10 on an i686 machine (5537.79 BogoMips).
98.36% of all statistics are fiction.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.279 / U:0.076 seconds]