SubjectRe: [BK] upgrade will be needed
From
> This is, by your leave, ridiculous. I was, so far, allowed to stop using
> BK/Free on day #1 and hack non-BK SCM on day #2. I understand you don't
> want users to repeat this sequence, use BK on every odd day of month and
> hack non-BK SCM on every even day, and I haven't done that (I haven't
> hacked SCM).

That's not how others are reading it and when we requested clarification
from the legal firm we use for contracts (Fenwick&West if you care) they
said that it could well be interpreted that if you use BK you are giving
up your right to hack on another system. That wasn't our intent but nor
is it our intent to let you go back and forth.

> > What we've been doing so far is telling people who were worried to act as
> > if there were a year long gap and they have been happy with that answer
> > but they are asking for us to put it in the license so they don't have
> > to depend on some email based side agreement.
>
> So have them send a SSAE and pass that note in writing.

Do you have any idea how many people are using BK? If they all asked
for this we'd be passing out more than 200 of these a day for more than
a year. It's around one per minute.

We either fix the license or leave it as is, we're not able to do side
agreements with everyone that asks.
--
---
Larry McVoy lm at bitmover.com http://www.bitkeeper.com