    Subject[Partially solved] Re: irq 10: nobody cared! (was: Re: 2.6.11-rc3-mm1)

    Hi, William.

    On Feb 12 2005, William Park wrote:
    > Your 'dmesg' says
    > Warning: Secondary channel requires an 80-pin cable for operation.
    > I assume it is.

    Well, I just finished compiling the 2.6.11-rc4 kernel and the problem
    persisted. This time, I enabled ACPI debugging and it indeed generates more

    Right after the problem persisted, I turned off the second HD (which was
    the master of the secondary channel of the Promise controller) and the
    problem automagically went away. :-(

    One other thing is that the BIOS still configures the drive as UDMA 4, but
    Linux downgrades that to UDMA 2. I'm not sure why.

    Using hdparm manually with "hdparm -c1 -u1 -d1 -X udma4 /dev/hde" enables
    things that the kernel doesn't and seems to be working wonderfully.

    I don't know what I should do right now. I have put the newer dmesg logs on
    <>. Should I contact anybody else?
    I do need the second drive on, though.

    I'm CC'ing Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz, as he is listed in the MAINTAINERS
    file as the IDE maintainer.

    Thanks for any comments and help, Rogério Brito.

    Rogério Brito - -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.021 / U:14.464 seconds]