    Subjecthow to make a contribution
    Hi,

    I am writing to get some advice and general information.

    I wrote a kernel tool for my personnal usage which goal is to keep a
    record of recent task preemptions and interruptions that appears under
    linux. Although the record is short (a few minutes only), It can help
    to analyse scheduling algorithm efficiency and also driver timing
    issues. The user can access data from user-space, through proc
    filesystem and analyze it with a graphics tool. Then, since it's alsa
    availlable within KDB, it can give clues and help for debugging.

    So far, the tool is not a big deal, but not trivial either. When It is
    running, the tool doesn't overload the system. And when it is not
    running, it's just transparent.

    I would like to share this tool if somebody is interested, but I dont
    know how to proceed, I mean how to make a contribution an efficient
    way. Any help/idea/information is welcome.
    Thanks,

    Sylvanino

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.022 / U:0.108 seconds]