    SubjectRe: 2.6.11-rc3-mm2
    >RT-LSM introduces architectural problems in the form of bogus API. And

    that may be true of LSM, but not RT-LSM in particular. RT-LSM doesn't
    introduce *any* API whatsoever - it simply allows software to call
    various existing APIs (mostly from POSIX) and have them not fail as
    result of not being root and/or not running on a capabilities-enabled
    kernel without the required caps.

    No audio apps "use" RT-LSM in any way - it just lets them do things
    they otherwise could not do. And all the alternatives to RT-LSM have
    this feature as well - controlling rlimits won't be done by the audio
    apps, but by some part of the security infrastructure.

    >it's implemented as an LSM is meaningless if Redhat and SuSE ship it
    >on by default.

    We haven't encouraged anyone to ship anything with it on by default:
    the idea is for the module to be present and usable, not turned on.

    --p

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.020 / U:2.052 seconds]