SubjectEDD failures since edd=off patch
Hi Matt,

it seems the edd=off patch has caused some problems with
some machines I have access to. They simply don't boot
anymore unless I specify edd=foo. foo can be {off,skip,bar}
so it seems the hang on boot is related to the parser
not finding the parameter it is looking for.
I looked through the code some days ago and it seemed to
me that the register used to iterate through the command
line buffer only got its lower 16 bit reset before calling
into the BIOS. I don't have the code handy right now,
but I can look later if the hints I gave are insufficient.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel
--
http://www.hailfinger.org/