SubjectRe: Linux in a binary world... a doomsday scenario
Date

> Some people have proposed a wiki. A wiki is good but that's an
> half-measure. Do it the full way - choose one of the FOSS ecommerce
> stacks, replace the its comparison parameters by things we care about,
> feed the underlying DB and just watch as people buy based on your
> notation.
>
> People do not follow the recommendations of every review web site because
> they trust them. They follow the recommendations because it's the ones
> easiest to get, and they don't want to bother with official (but difficult
> to reach) sources.
>
> Regards,

And for feeding the DB, could this be an extended KLive approach which gathers
device ID, querys the database for ho many versions there really are
under this id :-) and asks some questions:

* are you happy with performance of 1234:5678 Graphics Adapter xyz?
* is said adapter of type OEM, Original, ...
* is feature f working?
* how about feature l?
* kernel version
* an so on

How about getting hardware review people on board?
They do good testing and recieve a link back to their site?

Dirk

  Last update: 2005-12-09 17:07    [W:0.040 / U:0.064 seconds]