SubjectRe: Kernel panic: Machine check exception
On 12/6/05, Eric W. Biederman <ebiederm@xmission.com> wrote:
> In this case bank 4 is the appropriate bank. Although the
> other bits don't look right for a memory error. I wonder
> if it is that darn iommu fault again.

You know, I have to say you _have_ to be right. While the MCE happens
at random times, since I've compiled without IOMMU in it has been
smooth sailing, when normally I would have locked up a few times by
now (Right after I send out this reply surely it will lockup). So, I
will end this thread by saying with that if you're using a Gigabyte
K8N51GMF-9 it's advisable to turn off IOMMU for now, if you get
lockups.

--
avuton