SubjectRe: Linux in a binary world... a doomsday scenario
Dirk Steuwer wrote (ao):
> The only solution is to create pressure on these companies, as suggested.
> Ideally, there should be a label "designed for Linux" (or "designed for free
> software" (maybe getting the bsd people on board as well?)) straight on the box.
> So customers that start to care about linux, can see this right away and make
> the right choice, when buying hardware.

Quite a few companies state on their site that their hardware is
supported in Linux if it is.

And I've never bought any computer equipment in a shop. Always online,
where there is no such thing as a box anyway :-)

--
Humilis IT Services and Solutions
http://www.humilis.net