    SubjectRe: Broadcom 43xx first results
    Hi.

    On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 13:46 -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
    > > Although I'm a bit biased towards MadWifi, I'd second your suggestion to
    > > make use of the Devicescape code. The benefit of having a fully-blown
    > > 802.11 stack in the kernel that drivers can make use of has been
    > > discussed before, so I won't go into that yet again.
    > Use the stack that's already in the kernel.

    Sorry, that was my bad. I thought that the Devicescape code found its
    way to the kernel (didn't follow the discussion some months ago too
    closely). Although I think there probably are better alternatives to the
    802.11 stack that is in the kernel right now, having a central 802.11
    stack at all is a great improvement that should be used where possible.

    > Encouraging otherwise hinders continued wireless progress under Linux.

    That depends. If the encouraging is about an alternative, more complete
    and superior 802.11 stack for Linux which could be integrated with less
    effort than extending the existing code, that should be worth to talk
    about.

    Please note that I'm not refering here to any of the related suggestions
    which have been made during the past months - it's a general statement.

    Bye, Mike

      Last update: 2005-12-06 08:31    [W:0.049 / U:92.720 seconds]