    SubjectRe: Linux in a binary world... a doomsday scenario
    On 12/5/05, William Lee Irwin III <wli@holomorphy.com> wrote:
    > I expect the closed source IP affairs rather to keep chipping away
    > until Linux is dead, or they get tired and change strategies to kill it,
    > versus any sudden changes of course.

    Alternatively, take away ndiswrapper and binary-only ATI and NVIDIA
    drivers, and perhaps the users will start to care and pressure their
    vendor to open up. I know I have become a very disappointed ATI
    customer after figuring out that they have zero interest in me using
    the hardware I paid for on Linux...

    Pekka

      Last update: 2005-12-05 14:11    [W:0.021 / U:92.648 seconds]