    SubjectRe: Linux in a binary world... a doomsday scenario
    Dave Airlie wrote:
    >>To the larger argument about supporting binary drivers,
    >>all Arjan manages to prove with his post is that,
    >>if handled in the worst possible way, support for
    >>binary drivers would be a disaster. Who can disagree
    >>with that?
    >>
    > And do you think that given the opportunity, any company is going
    > spend the extra money required to not do it in the worst possible
    > way??

    I meant "handled in the worst possible way by
    the kernel developers". It *is* possible to define
    stable APIs and have them used successfully.

    POSIX is not the greatest example, but it seems
    to work OK. I realize that drivers are more
    tightly bound to the kernel than are libraries
    or applications, but sheesh, this is not rocket
    science.