SubjectRe: ide: MODALIAS support for autoloading of ide-cd, ide-disk, ...
On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 12:18:03AM +0100, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> On 12/5/05, Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it> wrote:
> > On Dec 05, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Looks fine but what about ide-scsi driver and ide_optical media?
> > The Debian hotplug script, which does the same thing, does not know
> > about these modules and nobody ever complained, so if some support is
>
> Does the hotplug script export kernel sysfs attributes?

You mean if the hotplug script uses sysfs? It looks up the
data in /proc (which is ugly, cause you have to loop until
the /proc file arrives).

> > needed it can be added later.
>
> The problem is that you get wrong data for "modalias" sysfs attribute
> for ide-scsi module (because "modalias" is based on the media type).
>
> Until this is issue solved I can't accept this patch.

The correct way is probably to have the same MODULE_ALIAS() in
ide-scsi and we just control the loaded module with the module-init-tools
blacklist entry. Does that make sense to you?

Thanks,
Kay

  Last update: 2005-12-06 00:36    [W:0.097 / U:0.288 seconds]