SubjectRe: 2.6.15rc6: ide oops+panic
Andrew Morton wrote:

Do you want me to track this further or shall I place my hardware in the
waste paper bin (Welcome to the pleasure dome of the new development

Some more hint: It seems the system is stable as long as networking
(tg3) is not touched. I'll switch to e1000 for a while and see what
happens. Activating only one processor (booting with maxcpus=1) or
mounting with "barrier=0" doesn't help.

I'm dearly in need of a four way system based on the followup revision
of my board and two dual core Opterons which is delayed until this
Bug/Ooops/Panic is resolved. Can't develop anymore (due to CPU power
constraints and financial limits). Bad.
Andreas Steinmetz SPAMmers use