    SubjectRAID controller safety
    Hello,
    I am trying to determine which drivers and what hardware can be used to give reliable fsync
    behavior. I see many drivers with FIXME or TODO comments which make me nervous.
    I see the sd driver supports the direct SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE, but I'me having a hard time tracing
    through how this translates to raid controllers and their drivers.
    Specificly, I am looking at the Adaptec RAID controllers and their i2o drivers. I am told the
    kernel's i2o driver lacks a strong guarantee on fsync, and so far am unable to determine if the
    dpt_i2o driver also falls short in this reguard.

    I don't mean to start a 'drives lie - disable all caching, buy FC drives' flame war. I know
    drives can lie, but I'd like to know if the drivers are lying too.

    thanks,
    -Kenny