SubjectRe: [SCHED] Totally WRONG prority calculation with specific test-case (since 2.6.10-bk12)
Nick Piggin wrote:
> Peter Williams wrote:
>
>> Paolo Ornati wrote:
>

>>> 1) nicksched: perfect! This is the behaviour I want.

>>> transcode get recognized for what it is, and I/O bounded processes
>>> don't even notice that it is running :)
>>

>> Interesting. This one's more or less a dead scheduler and hasn't had
>> any development work done on it for some time. I just keep porting
>> the original version to new kernels.
>>

> It isn't a dead scheduler any more than any of the other out of tree
> schedulers are (which isn't saying much, unfortunately).

Ingosched, staircase and my SPA schedulers are all evolving slowly.
Are there any out there that I don't have in PlugSched that you think
should be?

> I've probably got a small number of cleanups and microoptimisations
> relative to what you have (I can't remember exactly what you sucked up)
> ... but other than that there hasn't been much development work done for
> some time because there is not much wrong with it.

I was starting to think that you'd lost interest in this which is why I
said it was more or less dead. Sorry.

Peter
--
Peter Williams pwil3058@bigpond.net.au