SubjectRe: [patch 00/2] improve .text size on gcc 4.0 and newer compilers
On Dec 28 2005, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> how about giving the inlining stuff some more exposure in -mm (if it's
> fine with Andrew), to check for any regressions? I'd suggest the same
> for the unit-at-a-time thing too, in any case.

I am willing to give a try to the patches on both ia32 and ppc (which is
what I have at hand). I'm using Debian testing, but I can, perhaps, give
GCC 4.1 a shot (if I happen to grab my hands on such patched tree soon
enough).

I am interested in anything that could bring me memory reduction.
Actually, I am even considering using the -tiny patches here on my
father's computer---an old Pentium MMX 200MHz with 64MB of RAM.

Also, the PowerMac 9500 that I have here was inherited from my uncle and
it has a slow SCSI disk (only 2MB/s of transfer rates) and 192MB of RAM.
Anything that makes it avoid hitting swap is a plus, as you can imagine.

Thanks, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat: http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/