SubjectRe: [BUG] Xserver startup locks system... git bisect results
On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 02:48 -0500, Will Dyson wrote:
> On 12/16/05, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
> > Finally fixes the radeon memory mapping bug that was incorrectly
> > fixed by the previous patch. This time, we use the actual vram
> > size as the size to calculate how far to move the AGP aperture
> > from the framebuffer in card's memory space. If there are still
> > issues with this patch, they are due to bugs in the X driver that
> > I'm working on fixing too.
>
> My amd64 machine with an agp radeon9200SE locks up tight on xserver
> start (with an MCE) unless I revert both patches. I'm using x.org 6.9
> compiled from the debian svn tree. The output of 'lspci -vv' is
> available here:
>
> http://www.lucidts.com/~will/lspcivv.txt
>
> Please let me know of any testing I can do on x.org radeon DDX
> patches, or any additional information I can provide.

Can you try the additional patch I sent ? If it doesn't help, I'll try
to send later today or tomorow a patch adding more debug informations so
I can figure out what's going on...

Ben.

  Last update: 2005-12-27 10:12    [W:0.051 / U:0.144 seconds]