SubjectRe: [WTF?] sys_tas() on m32r
From
From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@joe-job.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 14:10:34 -0500
> No one uses LinuxThreads anymore?
>
> Even the oldest of the old (Debian stable) have moved to NPTL.
>
> Lee

Of course, I hope to migrate from LinuxThreads to NPTL.
I think it is necessary because LinuxThreads is deprecated as you said.

BTW, to port NPTL, GNU tools with TLS support are required for m32r.
We need much work to prepare tools before implementing kernel and NPTL. ;-)

On the other hand, I'm not certain that supporting NPTL is really good
thing for embedded processors like m32r.

A thread pointer register is required to keep an thread pointer value
all the time; I'm anxious that this will increase register pressure
and worsen code performance...

-- Takata

  Last update: 2005-12-27 07:41    [W:0.140 / U:0.092 seconds]