    From: Lee Revell <>
    Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 14:10:34 -0500
    > No one uses LinuxThreads anymore?
    > Even the oldest of the old (Debian stable) have moved to NPTL.
    > Lee

    Of course, I hope to migrate from LinuxThreads to NPTL.
    I think it is necessary because LinuxThreads is deprecated as you said.

    BTW, to port NPTL, GNU tools with TLS support are required for m32r.
    We need much work to prepare tools before implementing kernel and NPTL. ;-)

    On the other hand, I'm not certain that supporting NPTL is really good
    thing for embedded processors like m32r.

    A thread pointer register is required to keep an thread pointer value
    all the time; I'm anxious that this will increase register pressure
    and worsen code performance...

    -- Takata

      Last update: 2005-12-27 07:41    [W:0.020 / U:112.656 seconds]