SubjectTerraTec MIDI HUBBLE USB quirk
Hello!

The TerraTec MIDI HUBBLE USB device provides two MIDI IN and OUT ports,
but it seems to lack the correct interface class value (see attached
output of lsusb -v). I thought this could be fixed by adding the
following to sound/usb/usbquirks.h:

{
USB_DEVICE_VENDOR_SPEC(0x0ccd, 0x0032),
.driver_info = (unsigned long) & (const snd_usb_audio_quirk_t) {
.vendor_name = "TerraTec Producer",
.product_name = "MIDI HUBBLE",
.ifnum = 0,
.type = QUIRK_MIDI_STANDARD_INTERFACE
}
},

But the USB subsystem still doesn't know it can use the snd_usb_audio
driver for this device (e.g. shown by usbmodules), and it is not
registered as an ALSA card. Is there anything I have to do in addition
to this, or did I do something wrong? The files modules.alias and
modules.usbmap got updated correctly, but I don't know who reads them
at what time.

The strangest thing is that it worked on one day, even though I had not
done anything special yet.

I hope you can help me. Thank you very much in advance.

BTW: I thought about posting this in the linux-sound mailing list, but
it seems to be dead. Posts are almost never answered, including a post
I made about a solution to another sound problem
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-sound&m=113261865703607&w=2).
(Since then, a few people who have the same problem have contacted me;
all of them would like the fix to be integrated into the kernel.)

--
Sebastian Reichelt

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0ccd:0032 TerraTec Electronic GmbH
Device Descriptor:
bLength 18
bDescriptorType 1
bcdUSB 1.10
bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level)
bDeviceSubClass 0
bDeviceProtocol 0
bMaxPacketSize0 64
idVendor 0x0ccd TerraTec Electronic GmbH
idProduct 0x0032
bcdDevice 1.08
iManufacturer 1 TerraTec Producer
iProduct 2 MIDI HUBBLE
iSerial 0
bNumConfigurations 1
Configuration Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 2
wTotalLength 54
bNumInterfaces 1
bConfigurationValue 1
iConfiguration 0
bmAttributes 0xc0
Self Powered
MaxPower 98mA
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 0
bAlternateSetting 0
bNumEndpoints 4
bInterfaceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level)
bInterfaceSubClass 0
bInterfaceProtocol 0
iInterface 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x01 EP 1 OUT
bmAttributes 2
Transfer Type Bulk
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0040 1x 64 bytes
bInterval 0
bRefresh 0
bSynchAddress 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
bmAttributes 2
Transfer Type Bulk
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0040 1x 64 bytes
bInterval 0
bRefresh 0
bSynchAddress 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x02 EP 2 OUT
bmAttributes 2
Transfer Type Bulk
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0040 1x 64 bytes
bInterval 0
bRefresh 0
bSynchAddress 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x82 EP 2 IN
bmAttributes 2
Transfer Type Bulk
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0040 1x 64 bytes
bInterval 0
bRefresh 0
bSynchAddress 0
Device Status: 0x0000
(Bus Powered)

  Last update: 2005-12-28 00:22    [W:0.035 / U:0.292 seconds]