SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.14.5
On Tuesday 27 December 2005 15:01, Grant Coady wrote:
>On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 19:33:35 -0800 (PST), "David S. Miller"
<davem@davemloft.net> wrote:
>>Please report it to the netfilter mailing list, which is
>>where the netfilter developers listen and can attend to
>>your report.
>>
>>Thanks a lot.
>
>Why bother?
>
>"
>Your request to the netfilter-devel mailing list
>
> Posting of your message titled "Re: Linux 2.6.14.5"
>
>has been rejected by the list moderator. The moderator gave the
>following reason for rejecting your request:
>
>"Non-members are not allowed to post messages to this list."
>
>Any questions or comments should be directed to the list
> administrator at:
>
> netfilter-devel-owner@lists.netfilter.org
>"
>
>Grant.

I too have been rejected at that address. Like Grant, why bother seems
to be the appropriate response. If they want to here soonest when
there is a problem, then the moderator should clear what is obviously
not a spam message to the list in a reasonable time frame. Its never
happened to me but once and I was bascily told to "go away little
boy."

I'm already subbed to about 40 lists, and while there are some I could
drop to make room for others, my interests are best described as
ecclectic.

If the netfilter folks want to be artificialy quiet, shrug.

--
Cheers, Gene
stupid bounce rules. I do use spamassassin too. :-)

  Last update: 2005-12-27 21:42    [W:0.339 / U:0.040 seconds]