SubjectRe: [patch 0/5] Add MMC password protection (lock/unlock) support
Anderson Lizardo wrote:

>On 12/13/05, David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net> wrote:
>

>>Is there a writeup on how to hook this up with the key retention
>>infrastructure? I know many folk are unfamiliar with that, and
>>I seem to recall a need for some userspace tweaks. (Like SHA1
>>hashing of passphrases to generate MMC keys, and maybe storing
>>keys in some per-user file using some user interface.)
>>

>We have created a sample text-mode reference UI (using keyctl from the
>keyutils[1] package to interface with the key retention service) that
>shows how everything works together. We are setting up some web space
>to put such UI (actually a set of shell scripts) and we will provide
>links soon.
>
>Regarding the userspace tweaks, we have not gone into this aspect, but
>just provided the "core" kernel code. Usually, those integrating the
>system will dictate policies regarding password hashing, persistent
>caching etc. The policies for our reference UI were:
>
>- no hashing (password is sent/stored clear-text)
>- in-memory caching (so if the user reboots the system, the password
>will have to be re-typed).
>
>I think those policies can be done still on userspace, so the kernel
>code remains "policy-free".
>
>[1] http://people.redhat.com/~dhowells/keyutils/
>--
>Anderson Lizardo
>Embedded Linux Lab - 10LE
>Nokia Institute of Technology - INdT
>Manaus - Brazil

Hi all,

As promised, you can find a simple text-mode reference UI for the MMC
password protection
support, written in shell script, that shows how everything works
together on the links below:

http://www.indt.org.br/10le/mmc_pwd/mmc_reference_ui-20051215.tar.gz
http://www.indt.org.br/10le/mmc_pwd/mmc_test-20051215.sh

BR,

Carlos Aguiar.

--
Carlos Eduardo
Software Engineer

  Last update: 2005-12-27 19:53    [W:0.062 / U:0.856 seconds]