SubjectRe: 2.6.15-rc6: known regressions in the kernel Bugzilla
On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 19:54 -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> We need someone who does nothing but track and report upon bugs. It
> would be a full-time job. We don't have asuch a person. We hope that
> individual maintainers and subsystem maintainers will track the bugs
> in their area of responsibility so that such a person is not
> necessary. But the maintainers don't do this. You see the result.

I can't believe that of all the vendors and distributors with
Linux-centric business models and multimillion dollar investments in
Linux that someone didn't hire someone to do this years ago. Are they
all hoping that some "weekend hacker" will come along and do it all for