SubjectRe: [Question] LinuxThreads, setuid - Is there user mode hook?
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 03:36:37PM -0500, Lee Revell wrote:

>>>You have the strangest ideas of obsolete. NPTL has only been usable
>>>for two years. Software lifecycles can be a lot longer than that.
>>>

>>I'm not telling you to stop supporting legacy apps, I'm just saying it's
>>insane to start a project now and target LinuxThreads rather than NPTL
>>which is what it sounded like the OP was doing.
>

> Applications have to run on existing platforms and work with existing
> software, as I'm sure you know. If someone anywhere in the food chain
> isn't ready for NPTL, a project can easily be stuck with LT for another
> few years.

Thank you for your comments!

Unfortunately I cannot force the users to move into NPTL...
So I thought I will create some kind of a workaround...

So back to my original question... Can I be notified if the
main setuid?

My other solution is to poll the pid of the main program for
this event.

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.

  Last update: 2005-12-24 17:20    [W:0.033 / U:0.428 seconds]