Marc Koschewski wrote:
> * Joe Feise <> [2005-12-23 22:43:32 -0800]:
>>[Note: please cc me on answers since I'm not subscribed to the kernel list]
>>I am experiencing problems with mouse resyncing in the -mm series.
>>This is a Logitech wheel mouse connected through a KVM.
>>Symptom: whenever the mouse isn't moved for some seconds, it doesn't
>>react to movement for a second, and then resyncs. Sometimes, the
>>resyncing results in the mouse pointer jumping, which as far as I
>>know is a protocol mismatch.
>>While searching for reports of similar problems, I came across
>>Frank Sorenson's post from Nov. 23 (
>>Like in his case, reverting
>>resulted in a kernel without this problem.

I continue to see the same issues with the resync patch in -mm. For me,
tapping stops working, and I'm now seeing both the mouse pointer jumping
as well (a lesser issue for me, so it was probably present earlier as

I switched to using the synaptics X driver as recommended by Dmitry
Torokhov (, and that has worked
splendidly for me. However, that's really just a band-aid, and I'd be
happier with a working resync patch.

> Hi Joe,
> read these ones:
> Maybe they help you out.
> I didn't get it working in the rc5 -mm tree so far. But non -mm work as good as
> they always did.

Same issue for me as well.

- --
Frank Sorenson - KD7TZK
Systems Manager, Computer Science Department
Brigham Young University
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -