    SubjectRe: Possible Bootloader Optimization in inflate (get rid of unnecessary 32k Window)
    On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 20:04 +0100, Axel Kittenberger wrote:
    > > Right. And the time to perform that one copy is exactly...?
    > >
    > > I doubt that it is a significant percentage of the whole operation.
    > Well Yes I agree, I guess also it isn't. Its roughly the time you need to
    > copy 1 MB memory around. I just noticed that it is in fact after all still
    > unneccary and that in fact could be optimized away. As some
    > window-management could can be optimized away.
    > I would volunteer to take the time to code it, but only if i have a good
    > feeling that it would be accepted... if not, well than okay for me also, i
    > will do other things :o)

    I would think this would be a welcome optimization for embedded
    platforms even if not included in mainline. Embedded platforms
    often dont have very fast memory, but nevertheless are
    required to boot ASAP.

      Last update: 2005-12-23 09:58    [W:0.019 / U:35.980 seconds]