SubjectRe: Possible Bootloader Optimization in inflate (get rid of unnecessary 32k Window)
On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 20:04 +0100, Axel Kittenberger wrote:
> > Right. And the time to perform that one copy is exactly...?
> >
> > I doubt that it is a significant percentage of the whole operation.
> Well Yes I agree, I guess also it isn't. Its roughly the time you need to
> copy 1 MB memory around. I just noticed that it is in fact after all still
> unneccary and that in fact could be optimized away. As some
> window-management could can be optimized away.
> I would volunteer to take the time to code it, but only if i have a good
> feeling that it would be accepted... if not, well than okay for me also, i
> will do other things :o)

I would think this would be a welcome optimization for embedded
platforms even if not included in mainline. Embedded platforms
often dont have very fast memory, but nevertheless are
required to boot ASAP.

  Last update: 2005-12-23 09:58    [W:0.059 / U:0.272 seconds]