    SubjectRe: ordering of suspend/resume for devices. any clues, anyone?
    heya pavel,

    thanks for the tip. as it turns out, a function table was hacked-n
    that back-link from the w100fb framebuffer resume function into the
    LCD code.

    in this way, it is possible to call functions in the LCD module
    doing GPIO to start the power-up sequence required for the
    LCD and backlight, wait a few ms, initialise the video chip
    (in the w100fb code), then call _another_ set of functions in
    the LCD module to finish off the initialisation.

    not pretty, but there you go.

    l.