    SubjectRe: sungem hangs in atomic if netconsole enabled but no carrier

    > Turns out that if I remove the netconsole=... option to my kernel, all
    > works fine and the system no longer hangs. Obviously not plugging in a
    > network cable is pretty useless when netconsole is turned on, but I
    > think it should not hang the system completely. So far I haven't been
    > able to figure out where it actually hangs and don't even know how to do
    > so -- I'm open for suggestions on how to find out why/where it hangs or
    > even fixes.

    Hrm... I've heard various reports about problems with netconsole... I've
    never tried it myself so far though. One thing I remember to beware of
    is if sungem does a printk while holding its lock...

      Last update: 2005-12-20 22:23    [W:0.040 / U:24.004 seconds]