    SubjectRe: [RFC] Let non-root users eject their ipods?
    Jens Axboe wrote:

    > There's still the quirky problem of forcing a locked tray out. In some
    > cases this is what you want, if things get stuck for some reason or
    > another. But usually the tray is locked for a good reason, because there
    > are active users of the device.
    > Say two processes has the cdrom open, one of them doing io (maybe even
    > writing!), the other could do a CDROMEJECT now and force the ejection of
    > a busy drive.
    I think the whole area of permissions for locking the tray and doing
    eject need rethinking. I won't rehash what I have said before, that if I
    have write permission growisofs should be able to lock the tray.

    -bill davidsen (

      Last update: 2005-12-20 17:50    [W:0.021 / U:0.084 seconds]