SubjectUSB rejecting sleep
Hi David, Alan !

What exactly changed in the recent USB stacks that is causing it to
abort system suspend much more often ? I'm getting lots of user reports
with 2.6.15-rc5 saying that they can't put their internal laptops to
sleep, apparently because a driver doesn't have a suspend method
(internal bluetooth in this case).

It's never been mandatory so far for all drivers of all connected
devices to have a suspend method... didn't we decide back then that
disconneting those was the right way to go ?

Any reason we are rejecting the sleep process for these currently ? A
locking issue that makes disconnecting not yet feasible ? What changed
from the previous version where that worked ?

  Last update: 2005-12-18 21:37    [W:0.082 / U:1.776 seconds]