    SubjectRe: Dianogsing a hard lockup
    Hi list,

    >> some time after I load drivers (any, rt2500 or via ndiswrap) for a
    >> rt2500-based wlan card, the box locks up hard. Sysrq does not work, so I
    >> suppose it is during irq-disabled context. How could I find out where this
    >> happens?
    >
    >First, stick to rt2500 as you won't get help with binary only drivers
    >here.
    >Check the driver code & make sure it can't get stuck looping in the
    >interrupt handler due to an unhandled IRQ. Add printks.

    It happens with both, and that's why I think this is not a problem
    with the rt2500 driver(s), but somewhere else in the kernel. But I do
    not know where, because it is a lot bigger than the rt code base.

    >Try to reproduce the problem from the console, you're more likely to get
    >a usable Oops.

    I did, it just locks. No reaction to Sysrq+T/+P, which is the "hard"
    in "hard lockup".

    Jan Engelhardt