SubjectRe: slow sync of fat 32 hotplugged devices
Patrick Fritzsch <fritzsch@cip.physik.uni-muenchen.de> wrote:

> Wouldnt it be a nice behaviour, if you could mount a file in a new sync
> mode, where it isnt synchronized during writing a file, only when a
> close ioctl command was executed on a filehandle?
> sync writing to hotplugged devices would be a lot faster then.

Yeah, this was discussed recently: `mount -o flush'. It'll sync each file
on the final close(). I forget who was doing that, but it's gone quiet
lately.

It's not completely trivial - some work in each fs will be needed to check
that we sync everything which should be sunc. Such as the superblock...

  Last update: 2005-12-17 21:42    [W:0.069 / U:1.816 seconds]