    SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] i386: always use 4k stacks
    El Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:04:25 +0100,
    Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de> escribió:

    > My count of bug reports for problems with 4k stacks after Neil's patch
    > went into -mm is still at 0.
    >
    > Either there are no problems left or noone pays attention to them since
    > disabling 4k stacks "fixed" the problem.
    >
    > In both cases there's no reason against applying my patch.

    I know, but there's too much resistance to the "pure" 4kb patch. The
    8 KB patch does the same thing (enables 4kb stacks) and at the same
    time the 8kb groupies can't flamewar you for it, it covers akpm's
    concerns, it puts some pressure on the ndiswrapper guys and leaves
    time for the broadcom driver developers to finish, merge and push
    to the distributions their driver. The 8kb config option can be
    removed in the future when we're sure that it's 100% safe (neil
    brown's patch isn''t a good sign). It makes every happy IMO ;)

      Last update: 2005-12-16 16:39    [W:3.560 / U:0.228 seconds]