SubjectRE: Serial: bug in 8250.c when handling PCI or other level triggers
Date
From: On Behalf Of Alan Cox
> I don't think so. The bug as such is something I can only see being
> triggerable either by a virtual machine or by something like serious
> noise on the signal lines (eg put a 10Khz carrier on the
> carrier detect
> line)

We found and patched this bug in one of our products. The patch was to
raise the loop counter to something more appropriate for our hardware.
The condition: the not-to-speedy embedded CPU and all ports in use.
The interrupt handler would hit the loop limit because the combination
of all ports running meant usually there was one port that needed
servicing, upping the loop count by one.

..Stu

  Last update: 2005-12-15 20:03    [W:0.101 / U:0.316 seconds]