    SubjectRe: sonypi searching new maintainer (Was: Re: [RFT] Sonypi: convert to the new platform device interface)
    Le mardi 13 décembre 2005 à 17:06 -0500, Dmitry Torokhov a écrit :
    > On 12/13/05, Stelian Pop <stelian@popies.net> wrote:

    > > > But when it is reported is it the same event?
    > >
    > > I don't follow you here...
    > >

    > I was talking about that "ok, i'm loaded" event. When it is reported
    > is it the same v1,v2 pair all the time?

    I have no idea. That's one of the problems with the sonypi events:
    different laptops behave differently, and sometimes Sony even changes
    the meaning of some events...

    > If it is the same we could
    > suppress "unknown" message in verbose mode.

    Why would you want to suppress a message in verbose mode ? The verbose
    option is there exactly for that: show the user all the data coming from
    the hardware, and depending on the verbose value only show the data
    which hasn't been decoded, or all of it.

    I don't think that adding a special hack for this event in an already
    hacky driver has some added value.

    Stelian.
    --
    Stelian Pop <stelian@popies.net>