    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] 2.6.15-rc5-hrt2 - hrtimers based high resolution patches

    On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

    > > So the fix to this, in the case of preempting the softirq, that we need
    > > to introduce some wait queue that will allow processes to wait for the
    > > softirq to finish, and then the softirq will wake up all the processes.
    > We had the waitqueue in the ktimer based -rt patches and did not add it
    > back.

    Actually, to save on the memory, I was thinking of a general purpose wait
    queue, that is either one for all softirqs, or one for each particular
    softirq, that the softirq handler would wakeup when finished.

    -- Steve

      Last update: 2005-12-14 15:04    [W:0.024 / U:18.280 seconds]