SubjectRe: [Lse-tech] [RFC][Patch 1/5] nanosecond timestamps and diffs
Shailabh Nagar wrote:
> Jay Lan wrote:
>
>>john stultz wrote:

>>>I think you pretty well have it covered.
>>>getnstimeofday + wall_to_monotonic should be higher-res and more
>>>reliable (then TSC based sched_clock(), for example) for getting a
>>>timestamp.
>>

>>How is this proposed function different from
>>do_posix_clock_monotonic_gettime()?
>>It calls getnstimeofday(), it also adjusts with wall_to_monotinic.
>>
>>It seems to me we just need to EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL the
>>do_posix_clock_monotonic_gettime()?
>>
>>Thanks,
>> - jay
>>

> Hmmm. Looks like do_posix_clock_monotonic_gettime will suffice for this patch.
>
> Wonder why the clock parameter to do_posix_clock_monotonic_get is needed ?

Because it is called indirectly by the table driven posix clocks and
timers code where the clock, usually, is needed.

> Doesn't seem to be used.
>
> Any possibility of these set of functions changing their behaviour ?

Always :), but things are pretty stable now. Might want to add a
comment that it is being used outside of the posix "box".

--
George Anzinger george@mvista.com
HRT (High-res-timers): http://sourceforge.net/projects/high-res-timers/