SubjectRe: Misleading information on linuxdevices.com
On 12/12/05, Manfred Gruber <m.gruber@tirol.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as some of you might have noticed, there was an announcement of our
> company on http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS9959272388.html
>
> The text is misleading as it speaks about a "propietary" kernel, which
> is completely wrong.

Well, your own website also says it proprietary. Quoting the page you
refer to below:

"Contec are now offering a proprietary adaptation of Real Time Linux
for their successful business card sized ARM-9 CPU Modules."

> We run Ingo Molnars rt-preemption patch with modifications for our
> custom board done by Thomas Gleixner and us.
>
> The source code is of course available under the GPL. See also the
> information on our homepage:
> http://www.contec.at/78+M52087573ab0.0.html

Where exactely is the source code? I can't seem to find it...

> We don't know where in the information chain from the development team
> via the marketing team to linuxdevices this happened, but we want to
> correct any wrong impression about our company. Sorry.

Perhaps you should start by fixing the text on your own homepage and
provide a prominent link to the source code :)

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>