    SubjectRe: [RFC] ip / ifconfig redesign
    Date
    In article <200512022253.19029.a1426z@gawab.com> you wrote:
    > The current ip / ifconfig configuration is arcane and inflexible. The reason
    > being, that they are based on design principles inherited from the last
    > century.

    Yes I agree, however note that some of the asumptions are backed up and
    required by RFCs. For example the binding of addresses to interfaces. This
    is especially strongly required in the IPV6 world with all the scoping and
    renumbering RFCs.

    The things you want to change need to be changed in kernel space, btw.

    Gruss
    Bernd
    ifconfig maintainer

      Last update: 2005-12-11 06:07    [W:0.021 / U:0.844 seconds]