Subjectpci unsupported PM regs version (7), means hardware isn't working?
I'm getting this warning when i try to load the madwifi drivers on my
WRAP board for the WMIA-166AG mini-pci card using kernel 2.6.13.3 and
the latest trunk of madwifi.

This is the only error that's printed before the HAL driver for madwifi
responds with "no hardware found or unsupported hardware" etc etc. I
had to add the pcid's to madwifi for it to even detect it enough to try
and send it to the HAL module, but the madwifi dev team isn't looking at
any bug reports because of this printk that's being made by the PCI
subsystem in the kernel.

So, does this printk mean anything (i've seen posts where the hardware
producing it was working, the printks were just a nuissance) or does it
indicate some issue the PCI subsystem is having in powering the card up
and communicating with it. In either case, I'd be more than happy with
providing anyone able to patch the pci code with information i have on
the card.

If it's nothing but a harmless warning, i'll forward the response to the
madwifi wiki and mailing list, so something can be done upstream to the
hal module to work the card.

Thanks in advance.

  Last update: 2005-12-02 00:00    [W:0.045 / U:0.360 seconds]