    SubjectRe: Use enum to declare errno values

    On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, Paul Jackson wrote:

    > If errno's were an enum type, what would be the type
    > of the return value of a variety of kernel routines
    > that now return an int, returning negative errno's on
    > error and zero or positive values on success?

    enums are 'integer types', one of the reasons why #defines
    which are also 'integer types' are just as useful. If you
    want to auto-increment these integer types, then enums are
    useful. Otherwise, just use definitions.

    > --

    > I won't rest till it's the best ...
    > Programmer, Linux Scalability
    > Paul Jackson <> 1.925.600.0401

    Dick Johnson
    Penguin : Linux version on an i686 machine (5589.55 BogoMips).
    Warning : 98.36% of all statistics are fiction.

    The information transmitted in this message is confidential and may be privileged. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Analogic Corporation immediately - by replying to this message or by sending an email to - and destroy all copies of this information, including any attachments, without reading or disclosing them.

    Thank you.

      Last update: 2005-12-01 21:14    [W:0.022 / U:41.408 seconds]