SubjectRe: MIPS PREEMPT_RT update..

* john cooper <john.cooper@timesys.com> wrote:

> As a qualification, I am still chasing a few problems which I suspect
> are related to the Malta patch for 2.6.14 rather than the mips-rt
> patch. One appears to be a TLB handler problem in 2.6.14. The other
> appears to be potentially excessive context switching, although I
> haven't had the opportunity yet to fully investigate this issue. I
> will follow up should resolution of these feed back into generic
> mips-rt support.

FYI, i have released your big MIPS merge as part of 2.6.14-rt9. [please
double-check i did not mis-merge any component]

wrt. your TLB problems: it might be related that TLB handling got
simplified (and sped up) with the introduction of a generic, preemptible
method to handle TLB-gathers. There's no tlb-simple.h anymore.

excessive context-switching might happen in some cases when we ping-pong
short-held locks, and i'm certainly interested in a reproducer or
analysis (or patch! :-).

Ingo

  Last update: 2005-11-09 12:33    [W:0.364 / U:0.012 seconds]